Food / 20 July, 2023 / My Baba
Elevate your salad game with the exquisite Pear and Prosciutto Salad, a delightful dish that is sure to impress both as a starter and a light meal on its own.
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp
- 415g tin pear quarters in juice, drained (juice reserved)
- 80g pack watercress, spinach & rocket salad
- 84g pack prosciutto slices
- 100g reduced-fat mozzarella
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard?
- Toss the onion with 2 tsp oil to coat, then griddle or fry in a dry nonstick pan over a high heat for 7-8 mins, turning halfway, until softened and lightly charred. Set aside.
- Drain the pears, reserving the juice, and pat dry with kitchen paper. Griddle or fry in a dry nonstick pan over a high heat for 1-2 mins each side or until grill lines or dark caramelised marks appear. Set aside.
- To assemble the salad, tip the leaves onto a large platter. Roughly tear over the prosciutto and mozzarella; nestle in the griddled pears and onion wedges.
- For the dressing, whisk together 2 tsp reserved pear juice with the mustard in a small bowl. Whisk in 1 tbsp olive oil until smooth and slightly thickened. Drizzle over the salad and season with ground black pepper.
Recipe by Tesco Real Food